Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
APRIL 5, 2020 10:00 am
Rev. Peggy McDonagh, Rev. Debbie Stockdale and Friends
- Watch for your weekly email from Rev. Peggy with the worship service attached. We encourage you to prepare a worship space at home on Sunday morning during this time of COVID-19. The music links provided this past week added to the completeness of the service and being able to link to youtube to watch and hear Rev. Peggy's Reflection brought us all together on the Fifth Sunday of Lent. We are continuing to set ourselves up technically for live streaming through ZOOM. We appreciate your patience. If you know of someone who might like to receive the worship service please feel free to forward it and remind people to send their email address to us so we can keep connected with as many of the congregation via that avenue, as possible.
- Rev. Peggy is at the church most days. We all miss the laughter, the hugs, the smiles, the words of encouragement, the crazy busyness of Sunday morning, and the movement of welcome, kindness, and love. Her days seem as busy as ever with all number of new challenges and learnings and she thanks all of you who send emails of support, encourage and love. These are much appreciated. Contact Rev. Peggy at St. David's United Church --403 284-2276 Ext. 104
“The world is full of nice people. If you can’t find one, be one.”
P.S. Don't forget to spend some time with the take home page as the Lenten Season draws to the end. It can be found on MINISTRIES/WORSHIP page as a file attachment.
- It is our hope that we will be ready to live stream our service for April 12, 2020. Our sister church, Iglesia Ni Cristos, whose congregation has been meeting at St. David's on Tuesday evening and Saturday morning, will be live streaming their service off campus going forward.
- Our office remains open at present so donations of gift cards through our Fundscrip program to folks near and dear to us that may be encountering financial hardship during our current situation can be ordered.With grocery shopping retail cards, a FUND SCRIP - a percentage of your purchase will be donated to St. David's. We are raising funds to help cover operating costs at church. We encourage you to invite your family members, friends, co-workers and neighbours to participate in FundScrip as well. On April 1 and the first Sunday of every month in 2020 you submit your order form and payment with pick up date on the 15th of subsequent months. Cheques are payable to St. David's United Church. Contact Chantal Winslow at 403 284 2276 or [email protected] for further information. https://www.smileysapp.com/gif-emoji/gift.gif
- If you are unable to attend church but wish to contribute your offering to the life and work of St. David's, you may do so by clicking on the link at the top of the Home Page or contacting the office at 403 284 2276 for assistance.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.