Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
NOVEMBER 17, 2019
VALUE OF THE MONTH: COMPASSION
Worship Experience with a Celtic Flavour
Evening Compline Service at 7:30 pm with Pre-service Recital at 7:00 pm
Worship Service will be led by Rev. Peggy McDonagh
- Sunday morning was Remembrance Sunday at St. David's. With the communion table decorated with poppies and space established for the Wreathe to be placed later in the service, we were welcomed. Under the leadership of Rev. Peggy, we were guided through a meaningful service of Remembrance, Thanksgiving, Hope and Peace. Betsy Woolner, Eileen Ladd, Hugo Goasdoué Wallace and Heather McKeague helped with this morning's service. Music Ministry was led by the Chamber Choir under Brent's direction. We welcomed bag piper, Andrew Joo, and trumpeters, Pam Breuer & Anthony Edmunds to the service as they led us through familiar traditions - the placing of the wreathe and the Last Post and Reveille. Sacred Service Coordinator for November, Betty Smith, and her team were at task this morning.
- In the balcony on Nov 10, 2019 were PSALT members (Projection, Sound and Light Team), Deb Charnuski and Michael Trew (slides by Alison Slater). In the office were Kerry Duncan McCartney and Bob Clare (counters).
- Notice of Annual General Meeting: November 24, 2019 following service. A light lunch will be provided.
- Check out the Ministries Page and click on CACG (Calgary Alliance for the Common Good) on the upper left to read updates regarding newsletter, meeting times and, better yet, join a campaign that represents your interest.
- HIRING CHILDREN'S MINISTRY COORDINATOR AT ST. DAVID'S: We are looking for a special individual who loves working with children, has great planning and leadership skills and has a yearning to explore our Christian story with children. This is a 10 hour/week position from September to June. If you know someone who would like to apply or are interested personally, please contact the office or let our Ministry and Personnel Committee know. Meanwhile, thank you to the folks who have volunteered to lead and assist with Children's Ministry.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or [email protected] no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- PASTORAL CARE: You will have noted the insert in the chair pockets from the Pastoral Care Committee. If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please complete one of the forms and place it in the container provided at the rear of the sanctuary or contact Rev. Peggy McDonagh at the church office. Rev. Deb Stockdale is serving the St. David's Community until Dec. 31, 2019 in the Pastoral Care Ministry. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers. Thank you to Heather McIntosh who passed out slips of paper to the folks awaiting breakfast in the line up upon which they could write prayer requests.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .
Check out the great events coming up.View All