Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
SEPTEMBER 22, 2019
VALUE OF THE MONTH: EAGERNESS
Worship Service will be led by Rev. Peggy McDonagh
- Sunday morning service, September 15, 2019, under the leadership of Rev. Peggy, was all about the "Eagerness to learn and the Willingness to change." Entitling her Reflection, "Eagerness -- Energy for the Heart," Rev. Peggy spoke to us in a personal and meaningful way as she explored our shared busy agendas and how we develop our mindsets when it comes to fulfilling our obligations, challenges and adventures in the here and now. With scripture selections, read by Ruth Cross, from Exodus 6: 10-13 and 12: 31-34a and Luke 22: 14-16 along with a quote from Rabbi Zalman-Schacter Shalomi: "But there is something that emerges when a certain group's energy of eagerness begins to flow together. There is a current among us happening. That current allows you to see the oneness, the identity with all that we have -- then you say... there is in this connection not what I am doing to you or you are doing to me, but an experience that is totally interactive," Rev. Peggy suggested that our motto might be, "If we have eagerness in our hearts, we are alive." The Sanctuary choir awakened our "aliveness" by singing Jack Schrader's arrangement for "What a Friend" and "Amazing Grace. Welcome back to our choirs. More details on the Ministries/Worship page and Sermons above.
- September Sacred Service team, led by Janet and Bob Clare, was on hand to handle all the special details that make St. David's such a special place to worship. ACTS (Adult Spiritual Development Committee) with Wayne and Marlene were on hand, taking registrations for the upcoming Monday Night Book Study, which began September 16, 2019, Ruth was selling tickets to the Fall Harvest Tea event, September 28, 2019 and Brenda and Iris were accepting registrations for Church School. September is such fun, as the activities of our faith community get into full swing. Welcome aboard.
- In the balcony on September 15, 2019 were PSALT members (Projection, Sound and Light Team), Jonathan Sharp and Tapas Sidker. In the office were Bernie Nemeth, Peter Adams (counters) and Margaret Pellici.
- St. David's said "Good-bye" to long time member, Hazel Fong, on Sunday afternoon during a Celebration of her life. Hazel's involvement in the life and times of St. David's, her extended family and the many friends she enjoyed were fondly remembered as stories were told and memories shared.
- Check out St. David's Foundation above for an update of the ways our foundation has provided outreach to our community this past year. As well, there is a new price list for week day parking. Check that out in the "Facilities Rentals" above.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or [email protected] no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- PASTORAL CARE: You will have noted the insert in the chair pockets from the Pastoral Care Committee. If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please complete one of the forms and place it in the container provided at the rear of the sanctuary or contact Rev. Peggy McDonagh at the church office. Rev. Deb Stockdale is serving the St. David's Community until Dec. 31, 2019 in the Pastoral Care Ministry. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers. Thank you to Heather McIntosh who passed out slips of paper to the folks awaiting breakfast in the line up upon which they could write prayer requests.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .
Check out the great events coming up.View All