Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
APRIL 21, 2019
Worship Service presided over by Rev. Peggy McDonagh
VALUE OF THE MONTH: FRIENDSHIP
- LENT VI Palm/Passion Sunday morning was heralded by triumphant organ accompaniement to joyful congregational singing of "Hosanna"s. Jesus' entrance into Jerusalem was re-enacted once again as children and adults, dressed in brown robes and carrying palm branches circled the congregation and soon, we were all waving our palm branches and singing. Following the formal lighting of the Lenten candles and A Palm Sunday Antiphon sung by the Chamber Choir we met Super girl and Batman who with Alison, Ministry of Families, told the story of Jesus' entrance, emphazing the super powers of courage and compassion. What followed was the story as told in scripture read by Eldon Godfrey and Meryl Arnott, interspersed with reflection by Rev. Peggy, congregational hymns and further ministry in song by the Chamber Choir, conducted by Garrett Krause with Brent and guest harpist, Olivia Ritchey, accompanying.
- Please check the Worship Ministry on the Ministries Page and/or Sermons at the top of this page for further information on our worship services.
- Easter Flowers will be part of the Easter Sunday Worship experience in the Sanctuary and will be taken home to many homes to be enjoyed over the Easter holiday.
- EASTER SERVICES:
Maundy Thursday Potluck and Communion Service at 6:00 p.m.
Good Friday Service, April 19, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
Easter Sunday Service, April 21, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
Join us for a joyous celebration of rebirth and
renewal with full choirs and orchestra.
- A prayer for safe travel by the ACTS Spiritual Travelers was part of the welcoming at service Sunday morning. They will leave Thursday, April 25, 2019 on their pilgramage to East Europe and Russia. Many of the travelers were in church this morning.
- For upcoming Faith Quest Youth events, select the Ministries Page/Ministry of Families for the schedule. As well, check this page for messages from Alison regarding Faith Chat and Faith Quest.
- Jennifer McTavish, Affirm chair, has a new blog. http://www.sduc-affirming.com Enjoy the pictures.
- Coffee and Muffin Ministry. A warm welcome (and yummy treats) await you on May 30, 2019 any time between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thank you to the team that makes this monthly celebration possible.
- SACRED LEADER AND PSALT AT SDUC: April team led by Bonnae Mctavish was on duty Sunday morning with their pre, during and post service responsibilities. Our gratitude overflows for your dedication and for making our worship service that much more meaningful. In the balcony on the April 14, 2019 were PSALT members (Projection, Sound and Light Team), Deb Charnuski and Michael Trew (powerpoint prepared by Alison Slater). In the office were Bertha Hancock, Kerry Duncan McCartney and Bob Clare.
- THEY HAVE ARRIVED: Our Pictorial Directories have finally arrived. For those who have their photo in the directory, you can pick up your copy in the Church Office during business hours. Extra copies will be available for a cost of $15.
- We'd like to thank David Layton for taking pictures Sunday mornings. Some of these pictures appear on this website from time to time and if you see one you would like to have, contact Brenda Wallace or Dave Layton to make arrangements. If you have pictures you would like to post on the website, forward same to Brenda Wallace at [email protected]
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation.
- As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or [email protected] no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Remember that offering envelopes are available in the Voices United hymn book, at the back of the church or from an usher. If you would like to have contribution envelopes, please contact the office. Tax receipts have been issued for all identified donations and offerings. (PAR cards are available from the ushers to be placed on the offering plate as a symbol of your offering given through PAR.)
- PASTORAL CARE: If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please contact Rev. Peggy McDonagh at the church office. Deb Stockdale is serving the St. David's Community until June 30 in the Pastoral Care Ministry. We welcome Deb in this role. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- RAINBOW ROOM NURSERY is available for infants to pre-school age, downstairs at the far end of Robertson Hall. Vanessa will be there to greet you and your little ones.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .