Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
JANUARY 26, 2020
Fourth Sunday of the Season after Epiphany
VALUE OF THE MONTH: ENCOURAGEMENT (Banner is pending)
Wayne Holst, Adult Spiritual Development, presiding
- Throughout the season after Epiphany, we continue to explore the many ways we can "Arise and Shine" not only to make our individual lives more meaningful but to shed the Divine lights of hope and love on the challenges facing humanity and creation. This morning, January 19, 2020, we had Michael and Diane Trew (and friends) presiding over the service. Michael's Reflection was entitled "Light Shine Through an Open Door" during which he traced the open doors that have directed his personal spiritual journey. Darlene Heyen read scripture selections from Psalms 40: 1-5 and 1 Corinthians 1:1-17.
- The Sanctuary Choir offered as their anthem "You Are Love" (Gabrael St. Clair) and as their offertory, they sang "Lift Him Up" (Gardner/Ferrin) with Brent Tucker directing and Garrett Krause, accompanying.
- PSALT welcomed a newcomer to Projection this morning with Pat Nyberg at the helm. Brenda Wallace was on the sound and light boards and in the office counting were Bernie Nemeth and Peter Adams. If you would like to join the team, let Deb Charnuski or the office know.
- We have launched an exciting and affordable fund raiser at St. David's called FUND SCRIP - which invites us to use GIFT CARDS for everyday spending. You purchase a $100 retail card and a percentage of your purchase will be donated to St. David's. We are raising funds to help cover operating costs at church. We encourage you to invite your family members, friends, co-workers and neighbours to participate in FundScrip as well. On February 1 and the first Sunday of every month in 2020 you submit your order form and payment with pick up date on the 15th of subsequent months. Cheques are payable to St. David's United Church. Contact Chantal Winslow at 403 284 2276 or [email protected] for further information. https://www.smileysapp.com/gif-emoji/gift.gif
- HIRING CHILDREN'S MINISTRY COORDINATOR AT ST. DAVID'S: We are still looking for a special individual who loves working with children, has great planning and leadership skills and has a yearning to explore our Christian story with children. This is a 10 hour/week position from September to June. If you know someone who would like to apply or are interested personally, please contact the office or let our Ministry and Personnel Committee know. Meanwhile, thank you to the folks who have volunteered to lead and assist with Children's Ministry.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or [email protected] no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- PASTORAL CARE: You will have noted the insert in the chair pockets from the Pastoral Care Committee. If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please complete one of the forms and place it in the container provided at the rear of the sanctuary or contact Rev. Peggy McDonagh at the church office. Rev. Deb Stockdale is serving the St. David's Community until June 30, 2020 in the Pastoral Care Ministry. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .