Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
NOVEMBER 24, 2019
VALUE OF THE MONTH: COMPASSION
The Giving Tree at Christmas
Guest Speakers: Lynette Persaud and Jessica Ulloa - Home Visitor Team at Miskanawah
Worship Service will be led by Rev. Peggy McDonagh
- Our service on Sunday, November 17, 2019 honoured our sacred oneness with God, creation and humanity as we experienced some of the beautiful traditions from the Celtic Christian faith. Many churches and people have found that Celtic spirituality provides an effective way not only to weave together the separated strands of Christianity and its detachment from the goodness of Creation but also to help us in our efforts to heal the fragmented world. The greatest discovery that people make as they connect with Celtic Christianity is that it is about simply living life, following the Way of Christ, travelling the journey in the everyday ordinariness of life, the pain and the pleasure, the heartaches and the hopes, the disappointment and the dreams. This is significant because spirituality is about our ordinary lives and how we experience God and live compassionately. Participating in the service this morning were Peggy Kalancha, Eldon Godfrey and guest musicians, Bruce Clark, Caroline Knight and Eileen Kosasih. Sacred Service Coordinator for November, Betty Smith, and her team were at task this morning.
- In the balcony on Nov 17, 2019 were PSALT members (Projection, Sound and Light Team), Deb Charnuski and Meryl Arnott.
- Notice of Annual General Meeting: November 24, 2019 following service. A light lunch will be provided.
- Memorial Poinsettias for Christmas: Remember loved ones at Christmas with the purchase of a poinsettia. These flowers will adorn the front of the sanctuary before they are taken home to be enjoyed over the Christmas season and beyond. Order forms willbe available on November 24, December 1 and December 8. The memorial list will be printed in the December 16 and December 23 Worship Folder.
- Tickets are available to the Friendship Club's annual Christmas dinner and dance on Dec. 6, 2019. Check the Events page for more details.
- Check out the Ministries Page and click on CACG (Calgary Alliance for the Common Good) on the upper left to read updates regarding newsletter, meeting times and, better yet, join a campaign that represents your interest.
- HIRING CHILDREN'S MINISTRY COORDINATOR AT ST. DAVID'S: We are looking for a special individual who loves working with children, has great planning and leadership skills and has a yearning to explore our Christian story with children. This is a 10 hour/week position from September to June. If you know someone who would like to apply or are interested personally, please contact the office or let our Ministry and Personnel Committee know. Meanwhile, thank you to the folks who have volunteered to lead and assist with Children's Ministry.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or [email protected] no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- PASTORAL CARE: You will have noted the insert in the chair pockets from the Pastoral Care Committee. If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please complete one of the forms and place it in the container provided at the rear of the sanctuary or contact Rev. Peggy McDonagh at the church office. Rev. Deb Stockdale is serving the St. David's Community until Dec. 31, 2019 in the Pastoral Care Ministry. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers. Thank you to Heather McIntosh who passed out slips of paper to the folks awaiting breakfast in the line up upon which they could write prayer requests.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .