Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
MAY 26, 2019
Annual Barbeque Picnic Weekend
Worship Service presided over by Rev. Peggy McDonagh
VALUE OF THE MONTH: UNITY
- SUNDAY morning, May 19, 2019, Memorial Day weekend, dawned bright and beautiful, despite two previous days of rain. The Sanctuary Choir had us clapping during their offertory ministry of song. Rev. Peggy's reflection was entitled "Transforming the World One Dream at a Time," based on liturgy readings of Acts 11:1-18, John 13:34-35 and 1 John 4:16-20. Reader Eldon Godfrey and Rev. Peggy explored the prevalence of recent attacks on religious houses of worship and concluded with a quote by Rev. Jean Rowe, "We have a calling in this world; we are called to honour diversity, to respet difference with dignity and to challenge those who forbid it. We are people of a wide parth. Let us be wide in affection and go our way in peace."
- Click on "Sermons" - home page - above for Rev. Peggy's Reflection on May 19, 2019
- Next week we are hoping for great weather as we gather on the church grounds for our annual barbeque picnic. Check Ministry of Families on the Ministry Page for a message from Alison regarding next week. Check this page for messages from Alison regarding Faith Chat and Faith Quest. Alison's blog is http://children-sduc.blogspot.com.
- Jennifer McTavish, Affirm chair, has a blog. http://www.sduc-affirming.com Enjoy the updates. 2019 Affirm United Conference is being hosted by Hillhurst UC, July 26-28, 2019. Participants will need accommodation while in Calgary so if you are able to host some folk during the conference please contact Jennifer.
- Coffee and Muffin Ministry. A warm welcome (and yummy treats) await you on May 30, 2019 any time between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thank you to the team that makes this monthly celebration possible.
- SACRED LEADER AND PSALT AT SDUC: Led by Brenda Wallace (David Layton, Hugo and Iris), the May team was on duty Sunday morning with their pre, during and post service responsibilities. Our gratitude overflows for your continued dedication and for making our worship service that much more meaningful. In the balcony on the May 19, 2019 were PSALT members (Projection, Sound and Light Team), Brenda Wallace and Meryl Arnott. In the office were counters, Bernie Nemeth and Peter Adams. Special thanks to our third Sunday regulars, George Callow and Bob Hanwell for their dedication as ushers.
- THEY HAVE ARRIVED: Our Pictorial Directories have arrived. For those who have their photo in the directory, you can pick up your copy in the Church Office during business hours. Extra copies will be available for a cost of $15.
- We'd like to thank David Layton for taking pictures Sunday mornings. Some of these pictures appear on this website from time to time and if you see one you would like to have, contact Brenda Wallace or Dave Layton to make arrangements. If you have pictures you would like to post on the website, forward same to Brenda Wallace at [email protected]
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation.
- As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or [email protected] no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Remember that offering envelopes are available in the Voices United hymn book, at the back of the church or from an usher. If you would like to have contribution envelopes, please contact the office. (PAR cards are available from the ushers to be placed on the offering plate as a symbol of your offering given through PAR.)
- PASTORAL CARE: You will have noted the new insert in the chair pockets from the Pastoral Care Committee. If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please complete one of the forms and place it in the container provided at the rear of the sanctuary or contact Rev. Peggy McDonagh at the church office. Deb Stockdale is serving the St. David's Community until June 30 in the Pastoral Care Ministry. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- RAINBOW ROOM NURSERY is available for infants to pre-school age, downstairs at the far end of Robertson Hall. Vanessa will be there to greet you and your little ones.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .
Check out the great events coming up.View All