Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
AUGUST 18, 2019
Worship Service led by Rev. Peggy McDonagh
- Sunday morning service, August 11, 2019, under the leadership of Rev. Peggy along with guest speaker, Eldon Godfrey, focussed on the topic of Peace. The following scripture selections, read by Betsy Woolner, supported Eldon's Reflection, entitled "Peace Ponderings." From Hebrews 12:14 "Make every effort to live in peace with everyone," from Romans 12:18 "If it is possible as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone" and from Romans 14:19 "Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and mutual edification." Carlie Jean and Eldon's granddaughter, Josie Smith, was guest Soloist along with Gianetta Baril on harp. Josie sang the familiar song "Let There Be Peace on Earth, " offering support for her grandfather's reflection.
- Next week, August 18, 2019, Rev. Peggy McDonagh will be leading the service and our guest musician will be Jack Olszewski on the piano.
- Click on "Sermons" - home page - above for Reflections.
- Check out upcoming events from our CACG - Seniors' Corner on Ministries/Adult Spiritual Development/CACG Seniors' Corner page.
- In the balcony on the August 11, 2019 was PSALT member (Projection, Sound and Light Team), Deb Charnuski. In the office were Kerry Duncan McCartney and Bob Clare. Darlene Heynen was Lay Leader with the August Sacred Service team.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or [email protected] no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- PASTORAL CARE: You will have noted the insert in the chair pockets from the Pastoral Care Committee. If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please complete one of the forms and place it in the container provided at the rear of the sanctuary or contact Rev. Peggy McDonagh at the church office. Rev. Deb Stockdale is serving the St. David's Community until Dec. 31, 2019 in the Pastoral Care Ministry. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers. Thank you to Heather McIntosh who passed out slips of paper to the folks awaiting breakfast in the line up upon which they could write prayer requests.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .