Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
OCTOBER 20, 2019
VALUE OF THE MONTH: GENEROSITY
World Food Sunday
Pop Gospel Music by the Sanctuary Choir
Worship Service will be led by Rev. Peggy McDonagh
- Sunday morning service, October 13, 2019, under the leadership of Rev. Peggy, was a service of thanksgiving. As we listened to Brent's Prelude, we were invited to think about our generosity as it pertained to St. David's. Later in the service, we laid our gifts, as written on a little piece of paper, on the "Prosperity" Offering plate. The music ministry was provided by the Chamber Choir. Excerpts from the Christian testaments of 2 Cor. 9:6-15, Mark 12: 38-44 and Acts 2:26-27 were read by Heather Chubb-Way prior to Rev. Peggy's reflection entitled 'Generosity: a Heart Condition.' Sacred Service Coordinator, Sally Hodges and her October team were at task this morning, making sure that all was ready for us.
- In the balcony on October 13, 2019 were PSALT members (Projection, Sound and Light Team), Deb Charnuski and Tapas Sidker. In the office were Kerry Duncan McCartney and Heather Chubb-Way. (counters).
- Check out the message from Pat Fryers, one of our representatives for CACG from St. David's. Mark October 17, 2019 on your calendar to take part in the Founding Assembly at Knox United Church. See ACTS (Adult Spiritual Development) Ministry on the Ministries Page and click on CACG on the upper left to read Pat's invitation. Let Pat know if you plan to attend. 403-282-0051.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or [email protected] no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. The Centre Piece adorning our communion table this morning were in memory of Val Nemeth whose memorial service was held on Saturday.
- PASTORAL CARE: You will have noted the insert in the chair pockets from the Pastoral Care Committee. If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please complete one of the forms and place it in the container provided at the rear of the sanctuary or contact Rev. Peggy McDonagh at the church office. Rev. Deb Stockdale is serving the St. David's Community until Dec. 31, 2019 in the Pastoral Care Ministry. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers. Thank you to Heather McIntosh who passed out slips of paper to the folks awaiting breakfast in the line up upon which they could write prayer requests.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .