SACRED SERVICE OVERVIEW
St. David's Sacred Service are teams of people (children to adults) who take on the supportivee tasks associated with Sunday morning events for one month each year. There are 12 Sacred Service teams operating at St. David's, with newcomers being added when they are comfortable and ready.
PURPOSE of Sacred Service Ministry:
1. To deepen the relationships of people within the church.
2. To promote a higher rate of active participation in the faith life of St. David's
3. To allow for people to test their gifts.
4. To offer an opportunity for meaningful intergenerational interaction.
5. To provide occasions where newcomers can become more involved in the life of the community.
6. To have fun!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Working with existing teams, ushering and greeting including and taking offering
- Preparing for the Coffee fellowship time
- Setting up the communion and prayer candle tables as required
- Reading scripture in cooperation with existing team
- Tidying up the sanctuary before and after the service
- Providing and preparing bread and juice for communion
- Setting up communion Sunday morning
- Serving communion
- Assisting with Community Lunch
TIME REQUIREMENTS and other FAQs:
- Some team members will be needed prior to service and others after service
- Coordination will be initially an assigned role but, later, can rotate among team members
- Kids are welcome
- Church attendance is flexible - come on your own availability
IF THIS ISN'T FOR YOU:
If you want/need to be taken off your Sacred Service team, please reach out to your team leader or the Church Office.